The idea of the work: An exquisite sculpture in the form of a lion stands on four legs with its tail raised. It creates the impression of readiness for action, a possible predator attack. Its open mouth seems to emit a loud roar, which creates a certain tension in the observer. The lion’s torso is made of bullet casings, the animal’s head and mane are made of a mine shank, which adds aggression and anxiety to the predator. A thin tail, which turns into a mine shank at the end, creates an imitation of wool, complementing the overall image. The lion sculpture stands on a wooden stand with a place for a bottle of fine alcohol. The piece is decorated in some places with green paint pigment, which makes the material look like bronze.
Materials used to make the art object:
Mine shanks, shell casings from high-explosive, high-explosive-incendiary and armor-piercing 30-mm rounds of the 2A42 gun from an infantry fighting vehicle, cartridge casings for assault rifle ammunition, wood
Artist: Roman Veligursky
- This item is created as a unique piece.
- Each work comes with a certificate of authenticity.
- All materials have been verified by the national police and are guaranteed safe.
- Returns are possible within 14 days after receiving the purchase.
- 15% of the cost will be donated to a charitable fund