The lampshade nightlight is not only an elegant piece of furniture, but also a living example of how art can transform the fragments of a weapon into a symbol of light and hope. The 120-mm mine that was found in the Kyiv region, which serves as the leg of this lamp, originally existed as an instrument of death and threat. However, the artist decided to rethink the purpose of the weapon and give it a new life. He polished its sharp edges, cleaned it of dirt and rust, and turned it into something more than just a threatening piece of metal. Thus, the nightlight is the embodiment of the idea of recycling and utilitarianism in art. It reminds us that even in the darkest of times something beautiful and useful can emerge. The artist has put his skill into this work, as well as the idea that materials that used to carry death and destruction can be transformed into symbols of life and hope through art and creativity.
Materials used to make the art object:
120-mm mine, decor, electrical elements
Artist: Dmytro Halayda
- This item is created as a unique piece.
- Each work comes with a certificate of authenticity.
- All materials have been verified by the national police and are guaranteed safe.
- Returns are possible within 14 days after receiving the purchase.
- 15% of the cost will be donated to a charitable fund